ASUR disqualified in LaGuardia P3 airport tender
- Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste (ASUR)
- Highstar Capital
Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste (ASUR) announced on March 12th that the Aerostar consortium has been disqualified by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in the tender process for the design, build, finance, operate, and maintenance of LaGuardia Airport Central Terminal Building Replacement Project.
ASUR is the first privatized airport group in Mexico and operator of Cancun Airport and eight other airports in southeast Mexico, as well as a 50% JV partner in Aerostar Airport Holdings, LLC, operator of the Luis Munoz Marin International Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The consortium Aerostar New York Holdings, LLC was formed by Highstar Capital IV LP, its related funds and ASUR.
The other three consortia continue in the tender process. These three teams are:
- LaGuardia Gateway Partners: Vantage Airport Group Ltd., Skanska Infrastructure Development and MI LaGuardia CTB, LLC (Meridiam)
- LGAlliance: Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, Inc. (MIRA) and Lend Lease Investments, Inc.and
- LGA Central Terminal Consortium: ADP Management & TAV Havalimanlari Holding A.S, GS Global Infrastructure Partners II, L.P. and GS International Infrastructure Partners II, L.P.
The project involves:
- the participation with the Authority in the replacement and financing of the existing Central Terminal Building (CTB) at LaGuardia Airport including Frontage Roads, aprons, utilities, a central heating and refrigeration plant (CHRP) and other support facilities;
- operate and maintain the existing CTB during the construction period;
- manage the transition of airline and non-airline tenants to occupancy of the replacement CTB;
- operate and maintain the CHRP; and
- operate and maintain the new CTB for a specified term.