Companies shortlisted for University of Ottawa redevelopment project
Infrastructure Ontario and the University of Ottawa Heart Institute have shortlisted five companies to build and finance the University of Ottawa Heart Institute Cardiac Life Support Services Redevelopment project.
Based on a request for qualifications process that began on September 19, 2013, the following companies were shortlisted:
- Bondfield Construction Company Limited
- EllisDon Capital Inc.
- M. Sullivan & Son Limited
- PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Pomerleau Inc.
The future request for proposals is expected to be issued in winter 2014.
The project will expand the facility to accommodate the changing needs of the area resulting from shifting demographics and technological advancements, and will improve access to high quality specialized cardiac services for residents in the Champlain Local Health Integration Network region.
New construction at the facility will:
- add five floors of clinical and in-patient services
- expand support services such as biomedical engineering and data services
- add approximately 146,000 square feet of space, 90,000 of which will house life support services such as cardiac catheterization, cardiac surgery and the cardiac surgery intensive care unit
Redevelopment work at the existing facility will:
- include renovation of approximately 60,000 square feet of space
- provide support services for the heart catheterization/electrophysiology suite, surgical suite and the cardiac intensive care unit
- relocate the cardiac imaging suite
The new hospital will remain publicly owned, publicly controlled and publicly accountable.