Deloitte-Sener consortium wins Arequipa monorail PPP consultancy
- Advanced Logistic Group (ALG)
- Arup Group
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Sener Ingeniería y Sistemas
Proinversión, Peru's private investment promotion agency, announced it has awarded the consultancy tender for transaction advisors for the monorail transportation project in Arequipa to a consortium composed of Deloitte & Touche and Spanish engineering firm Sener Ingeniería y Sistemas.
This consortium beat out from competition, with an outstanding score of 99 over 100 in the technical assessment of the proposal.
Other five teams that submitted proposals for the project:
- TRN Ingeniería y Planificación de infraestructuras and TP Invest (technical score of 88 and economic score of 100)
- Arup Latin América (disqualified),
- Advanced Logistic Group (ALG), Europraxis and Prointec (disqualified),
- PWC Civil, PWC Corporate Finances and Ingerop Conseil et Ingenierie (technical score of 98 and economic score of 100), and
- Universidad ESAN, Estructuras en Finanzas, URPE Ingeniería, Ingeniería de Instalaciones y Trenes, Sistran Engenharia, GPO Ingeniería, and AFH Consultores y asociados (technical score of 73 and economic score of 100).
Deloitte - Sener offered a US$1.386 million proposal, scoring 94.96 in the economic assessment. Technical scores weighted 90 % of the total score.
The successful company have 220 days to finish the services.
The aim for the first phase of the studies is the pre-investment analysis of the project. It involves reviewing and evaluating the pre-investment study, including the data and sources of information used in the study, evaluating its feasibility and suggesting ways to improve the project design.
The other two phases in the consultancy process involves the definition of the execution model and the promotion of the project. In addition, the firm would assist Proinversion in defining the economic model for carrying out the project.
The project will consist of the design, construction, provision of electro mechanic equipments, systems and rolling stock material, funding, operation and maintenance of 14 kilometers of monorail. The influence scope of the project is the metropolitan area of Arequipa, crossing the districts of Yura, Cerro Colorado, Cayma, Yanahuara, Cercado, José Luis Bustamante y Rivero and Socabaya.