FDOT receives financial proposal for I-4 highway P3 project
- Archer Western Contractors
- Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas (FCC)
- Granite Construction Company
- HDR Engineering
- HNTB Corporation
- InfraRed Capital Partners
- John Laing
- Kiewit Corporation
- Macquarie Capital - Macquarie Group
- Meridiam Infrastructure
- OHL Group - OHL Concesiones
- Parsons Corporation
- VINCI - VINCI Concessions
- Walsh Investors LLC - Walsh Group
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) announced on 13 March 2014 that it received four financial proposals for the I-4 Ultimate Project.
The project will be developed on a design, build, finance, operate and maintain (DBFOM) basis. The project cost is estimated at US$2 billion.
Technical Proposals were also submitted by all four shortlisted bidders:
- Equity Member: VINCI Concessions S.A.S.
- Equity Member: Meridiam Infrastructure I-4 Ultimate, LLC
- Equity Member: Walsh Investors, LLC
- Lead Contractor: Archer Western-Hubbard-de Moya Joint Venture (Archer Western Contractors LLC; Hubbard Construction Company and The de Moya Group, Inc.)
- Lead Engineering Firm: AECOM Technical Services, Inc.
- Lead Operations and Maintenance Firm: 4wardPartners (VINCI Concessions S.A.S. and Meridiam Infrastructure North America Corporation)
2. I-4 Development Partners LLC
- Equity Member: Macquarie Capital Group Limited
- Equity Member: OHL Concesiones S.A.
- Equity Member: FCC Construccion S.A.
- Lead Contractor: Obrascon Huarte Lain, S.A.; Community Asphalt Corp. and FCC Construccion, S.A.
- Lead Engineering Firm: HNTB Corporation
- Lead Operations and Maintenance Firm: Macquarie Capital Group Limited; OHL Concesiones S.A. and FCC Construccion S.A.
3. I-4 Mobility Partners
- Equity Member: Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc.
- Equity Member: John Laing Investments Limited
- Lead Contractor: Skanska-Granite-Lane Joint Venture (Skanska USA Civil Southeast Inc.; Granite Construction Company; and The Lane Construction Corporation)
- Lead Engineering Firm: HDR/Jacobs Design Joint Venture (HDR Engineering Inc. and Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.)
- Lead Operations and Maintenance Firm: Infrastructure Corporation of America
4. Ultimate Mobility Partners
- Equity Member: InfraRed Capital Partners Limited
- Equity Member: Fluor Enterprises Inc.
- Equity Member: Kiewit Infrastructure South Co.
- Lead Contractor: Ultimate Mobility Constructors (Fluor Enterprises Inc. and Kiewit)
- Lead Engineering Firm: Parsons/Atkins
- Lead Operations and Maintenance Firm: Ultimate Mobility Operators (Fluor Enterprises Inc.; and DBi Services, LLC)
FDOT is reviewing the financial proposals and technical proposals and expects to make final selection of a best value proposer at a public meeting on April 23, 2014.
The project includes the reconstruction of 21 miles of I-4 from west of Kirkman Road in Orange County to east of State Road 434 in Seminole County. The I-4 Ultimate project adds four tolled express lanes to I-4 while maintaining the existing free general use lanes, providing a choice to motorists.