Four teams shortlisted for Irish courthouse bundle
- BAM PPP PGGM Infrastructure Cooperatie
- BAM Group
- Kajima Partnerships
- Macquarie Capital - Macquarie Group
- P.J. Hegarty & Sons
The Irish National Development Finance Agency (NDFA) has shortlisted four of the five bidders that had submitted an Expression of Interest to develop the Courts Bundle PPP project.
On 17 April 2014 the NDFA published the Contract Notice. The deadline for receipt of pre-qualification submissions was 12 June 2014. The shortlisted consortia are:
- Amber Justice Partnership: International Public Partnership Ltd (INPP), equity provider; P.J. Hegarty & Sons, construction contractor; G4S Integrated Services (UK) Limited, FM service provider;
- BAM PPP PGGM: BAM PPP PGGM Infrastructure Coöperate U.A. (a joint venture between BAM PPP and PGGM), equity provider; BAM Building Ltd., construction contractor; BAM FM Ireland Ltd., FM service provider;
- Carilion Kajima Partnership: Kajima Partnerships Ltd. and Carillion Private Finance (Secure) Ltd, equity providers; P.J. Carillion Construction Ltd., construction contractor; Carillion (AMBS) Ltd., FM service provider;
- Curia Group: Macquarie Capital (Group) Ltd, equity provider; John Sisk & Son (Holdings) Ltd., construction contractor; Sodexo Ireland Ltd., FM service provider.
The Courts Bundle PPP project involves the development of seven courthouses located in Drogheda, Letterkenny, Limerick, Wexford, Cork, Mullingar and Waterford.
The contract comprises the design, build, finance and maintenance (DBFM) of the seven courthouses and courthouse refurbishments/extensions on seven sites. The contract period is 25 years from service commencement date. The contract is scheduled to start on 21 October 2015.
The project cost is estimated at €120 million (US$165 million). The project will be funded by private funding and payment will be made by monthly unitary payment subject to the terms and conditions of the contract.
Private sector advisers have been appointed to advise the Department of Justice and Equality in the following discipline areas:
- Civil & Structural Engineering Consultant: RPS Group Ltd.
- Quantity Surveying Consultant: Cyril Sweett Ltd.
- Legal Advisor: McCann Fitzgerald.
- Insurance Advisor: Willis Risk Services Ltd.