HIGH SPEED RAIL IN INDIA. Pros and cons
If you are a frequent visitor you already know that feasibility studies for six high speed corridors in India will be developed. These rail corridors are the following: (Updated July 30th 2011)
- Sustaining demographic pressures through mass transport systems
- Spawning industrial corridors
- Moving people and good around fast and efficiently
- Emitting low amount of greenhouse gases compared to other systems
- Integrating other transportation systems
- Being a vision that the government does not have the capability of realising
- Being great for executives but not olving problems for ordinary conmmuters
- Requiring an impressive amount of new land (...and new problems). Let's upgrade conventional railway lines already existing
- Having accesibility problems to stations as it happens in China
- What name would you use fo the high speed rail trains in India?
- Do you think the speed rail trains have to be built accross the nation?
- What corridor do you see as a priority in terms of demand?