Infrastructure Ontario selects PB for Sheridan College
Sheridan College and Infrastructure Ontario (IO) have selected Sheridan Creative Partnership as the preferred bidder to design, build and finance Phase II of the Sheridan College Hazel McCallion Campus development in Mississauga, Ontario (Canada).
The selection of the Sheridan Creative Partnership consortium is the result of an open, fair and competitive procurement process that began in January 2013. The consortium members include Bondfield Construction Company Limited (developer and construction), Moriyama & Teshima Architects/Montgomery Sisam Architects and Rocklynn Capital Inc.
The team beat out competition from two other shortlisted consortia:
- Integrated Team Solutions: EllisDon Corp./Capital Inc., Fengate Capital, DIALOG Ontario Inc., and Kearns Mancini Architects Inc.
- Progressive Learning Partnership: Walsh Construction Canada ULC, Walsh Group Ltd., and Stantec Architecture Ltd.
Phase II of the Sheridan expansion includes:
- a new 220,000-square-foot facility that will accommodate up to an additional 3,200 full-time students, for a total enrolment of approximately 5,500 students
- state-of-the-art classrooms
- computer laboratories
- a centre of creative thinking
- faculty and administrative offices
- a gallery space to celebrate student creativity and innovation
Infrastructure Ontario will now begin negotiating contract details with Sheridan Creative Partnership and expects to reach commercial and financial close in October 2014. The project cost will be announced publicly following the completion of negotiations, with construction expected to begin shortly thereafter. IO, the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and Sheridan College are working together to procure and deliver the project.