MegaProject 306: Transaction advisor selected for Lima metro line 3
This article is part of a daily series of MegaProjects articles. If you want to know more about PPP projects with a considerable size visit our MegaProjects section. You can receive them by email on a daily basis.
Peru's private investment promotion agency Proinversion has selected the consortium led by Ingerop Conseil ET Ingenierie as the preferred bidder to carry out the pre-investment studies of Lima metro line 3.
The consortium is formed by: Ingerop Conseil ET Ingenierie, Pricewaterhousecoopers Corporate Finance S.L., Pricewaterhousecoopers S.Civilde R.L., Bustren S.L., Alpha Consult S.A. and Metropolitana Milanese S.P.A. The team's bid was US$17.51 million.
The object of the service is to prepare pre-investment studies needed to obtain the viability of Lima metro line project. In addition, the consultant shall advise the Proinversion in the development and promotion of the tender process for the project.
In late April 2014, Proinversion announced that Peru's government plans to launch the tender process for the Lima Metro Line 3 by the end of 2015 or starting 2016.
The initial design of the third corridor spans seven districts, namely, Surco, Miraflores, San Isidro, Lima Cercado (Downtown Lima), Rimac, Los Olivos, and Comas.
In late August we published that seven teams submitted bids to carry out the pre-investment studies. The six other bidders are the following:
- Sener Ingeniería y Sistemas S.A., Deloitte Advisory S.L. and Deloitte & Touche S.R.L. (disqualified)
- Geodata Engineering SPA (disqualified)
- T.Y. Lin International (disqualified)
- Systra - Kukova Ingenieros S.A.C. and Finance & Regulation Institute - Instituto de Regulación y Finanzas (disqualified)
- Ayesa Ingeniería y Arquitectura S.A.U., Ayesa Perú S.A.C., Torres Vila y Asociados S.C., Ferrocarril Metropolitá de Barcelona S.A. and Bonus Banca de Inversión S.A.S.
- Idom Ingeniería y Consultoría Sucursal del Perú, Idom Ingeniería S.A. de C.V. - Dohwa Engineering Co. Ltd, Busan Transportation Corporation and Geoconsult S.A. Consultores Generales (Bid of US$19.92 millones)