MegaProject 323: Three bidders shortlisted for Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital project in Ontario
- Bondfield Construction Company
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
- EllisDon Corporation - EllisDon Capital
- Fengate Capital
- HDR Engineering
- HOCHTIEF - HOCHTIEF PPP Solutions
- Johnson Controls
- PCL Constructors
- Plenary Group
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- Stantec Consulting
This article is part of a daily series of MegaProjects articles. If you want to know more about PPP projects with a considerable size visit our MegaProjects section. You can receive them by email on a daily basis.
Infrastructure Ontario (Canada) and Mackenzie Health announced on Sept. 30th the three teams shortlisted to design, build, finance and maintain the Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital PPP project.
The three consortia were selected based on the criteria identified in a request for qualifications process that began in March 2014. Selection criteria included construction capability, experience and financial capacity to deliver a project of this size and scope. The shortlisted teams are:
- Developer: Plenary Group Ltd.,
- Design: Stantec Architecture Ltd., RTKL,
- Construction: PCL Constructors,
- Facilities management: Johnson Controls Canada LP,
- Financial Advisor: Plenary Group Ltd., RBC Capital Markets.
Mackenzie Vaughan Health Partnership:
- Developer: Innisfree Limited, HOCHTIEF PPP Solutions North America Inc., Bondfield construction Company Ltd.,
- Design: HDR Architecture Associates, Inc.,
- Construction: Bondfield Construction Company Ltd. / Canadian Turner Construction Company,
- Facilities management: Honeywell Limited,
- Financial Advisor: BMO Capital Markets, Innisfree Limited, HOCHTIEF PPP Solutions North America Inc.
Hospital Infrastructure Partners:
- Developer: Fengate Capital Management Ltd., EllisDon Capital Inc., Carillion Canada Inc.,
- Design: Adamson Architects, Parkin Architects,
- Construction: EllisDon Capital Inc., Carillion Canada Inc.,
- Facilities management: Carillion Canada Inc., EllisDon Capital Inc.,
- Financial Advisor: CIBC Capital Markets, Fengate Capital Management Ltd.
The shortlisted bidders will be invited to respond to a request for proposals, expected to be issued in late 2014.
The new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital will include:
- a state-of-the-art emergency department
- modern surgical services and operating rooms
- advanced diagnostic imaging
- specialized ambulatory clinics and intensive care beds
- single acute-care patient rooms for infection prevention and control
- integrated "smart" digital technology systems that deliver the right information, to the right point of care, at the right time, to enhance the patient care experience
Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are working with Mackenzie Health to build the new facility. Construction of the hospital, on a portion of an 82-acre parcel of land owned by the City at Major Mackenzie Drive and Jane Street, is scheduled to begin in 2015, with the doors expected to open in 2019.
The new hospital, which will have 350 beds, will include a state-of-the-art emergency department, modern surgical services and operating rooms, acute inpatient and intensive care beds, technologically-advanced diagnostic imaging, specialized ambulatory clinics, single acute care patient rooms for infection prevention and control, and a flexible design to permit adaptation over time as new thinking and best practices emerge.
Mackenzie Health is a regional healthcare provider that includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital as well as a network of community based services in Southwest York Region and beyond.