MegaProject 803: Paraguay awards Routes 2 and 7
- Sacyr Group - Sacyr Concesiones
- Mota - Engil Group
- Tradeco Infrastructura
- Korea Expressway Corporation
- Isolux Corsán
- Benito Roggio
- ACS Group - Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructuras
This article is part of a daily series of MegaProjects articles. If you want to know more about PPP projects with a considerable size visit our MegaProjects section. You can receive them by email on a daily basis.
Paraguay's Ministry of Public Works and Communications (MOPC) has awarded the Expansion and improvement of routes 2 and 7 PPP project to the consortium composed of Sacyr, Mota Engil and Ocho A.
As we reported in early July, the consortium submitted the only proposal for the US$520 million project under the PPP model.
In early May, the MOPC announced that the opening of proposals for the expansion and improvement of routes 2 and 7 in Paraguay, which was planned for April 28th, had been extended until June 29th after bidders interested in the project requested it.
The project involves the capacity duplication of 142 km of the route 2, and the capacity duplication between Km 30 and Km 183 of the route 7. The value of the whole 30-year concession contract is estimated at US$1.47 billion.
The project is expected to be the first infrastructure project to be carried out as a public-private partnership (PPP) under the country's new PPP law.
In May 2015, we reported that a total of eleven teams were pre-qualified for the road project:
- Iridium Concesiones De Infraestructuras S.A. (ACS Group),
- Obrascon Huarte Lain S.A,
- Tradeco Infraestructura S.A. de C.V.,
- Consorcio Roggio (BENITO Roggio E Hijos S.A. Argentina - Benito Roggio E Hijos S.A. Paraguay),
- Sacyr Concesiones S.L.,
- Grupo Isolux Corsan Concesiones S.A.,
- Iecsa S.A,
- Construccion y Administracion S.A.,
- Consorcio Ruta Esperanza (ILSUNG Construction Co Ltd. - Korea Expressway Corporation),
- Odebrecht Latinvest España S.L and.
- Mota -ENGIL Engenharia E Construcao S.A.