MegaProject 846: Bogota highway PPP achieves commercial close
- Integra de Colombia
- Castro Tcherassi
- Ofinsa Inversiones
- Equipo Universal
This article is part of a daily series of MegaProjects articles. If you want to know more about PPP projects with a considerable size visit our MegaProjects section. You can receive them by email on a daily basis.
Colombia's national infrastructure agency (ANI) has announced it has signed a concession contract for the Accesos Norte de Bogotá road PPP with Consorcio Promesa de Sociedad Futura.
ANI awarded the concession contract for the the road in December 2016. As we reported, the consortium submitted an unsolicited proposal for the contract and beat out competition from Spanish construction company Copasa.
Consorcio Promesa de Sociedad Futura is made up Integra de Colombia SAS, Castro Tcherassi S.A., Civilia S.A., Ofinsa Inversiones SAS, Equipo Universal S.A. and Mincivil S.A.
The project involves the expansion of several stretches along three roads: Autopista Norte, Carrera Séptima and Variante de Cajicá.
This will include the upgrade and maintenance of a total of 53 km, comprising:
- Expansion of the North Freeway from "Calle 245" to La Caro, with a length of 4.2 kilometers.
- East side (out of Bogota)
- Three to five lanes from "Calle 245" to "Peaje Andes".
- Three to four lanes from the "Peaje Andes" to La Caro.
- Construction of cycle route from "Calle 245" to La Caro.
- West side (entrance to Bogota)
- Three to five lanes from "Calle 245" to La Caro.
- Construction dual carriageway "Carrera Septima" from "Calle 245" to La Caro, with a length of 5 kilometers.
- Construction dual carriageway of the "Toncal de los Andes", with a length of 3 kilometers.
- Construction of 20 pedestrian bridges.
The total project investment is estimated at P457.896 million (US$155.2 million) and constructions work are expected to commence in March 2017.