News / MIIF closes sale of 40 % stake in Changshu Xinghua Port

MIIF closes sale of 40 % stake in Changshu Xinghua Port

🕔 October 3, 2013
Danish CIP's 3rd energy fund secures EUR2.8 billion in commitments

On 29 September 2013, Macquarie International Infrastructure Fund (MIIF) announced the financial close of the sale of a 40 % stake in Changshu Xinghua Port (CXP) to the existing co-shareholders, Pan-United Infrastructure Pte. Ltd. (PUI) and Petroships Investment Pte Ltd., who bought the stake for a consideration of S$112.2 million.

MIIF announced that it will distribute the net proceeds from the sale of CXP to MIIF shareholders as a return of capital in accordance with the capital reduction resolution that was approved by MIIF's shareholders on 30 April 2013.

MIIF's shareholders decided the sale at the Shareholders General Meeting on 24 September 2013. MIIF had announced the sale in August.

As part of a Strategic Review carried out in June 2012, MIIF, an Asia-focused listed infrastructure fund, initiated a process of generating value for shareholders of MIIF. The company decided to sell MIIF's interests in Hua Nan Expressway, Changshu Xinghua Port (CXP) and Miaoli Wind.

MIIF acquired a 38.0% effective interest in Changshu Xinghua Port (CXP) in December 2005 for a consideration of S$106.4 million. This interest is held through a 40.0% shareholding interest in Singapore Changshu Development Company Pte Ltd (SCDC), which in turn holds a 95.0% shareholding interest in CXP.

CXP is a multi-purpose cargo port centrally located within the Yangtze River Delta industrial zone, a high growth industrial region that includes the cities of Suzhou, Wuxi and Changshu in the People's Republic of China.

PUI and Petroships will purchase 36.0% and 4.0%, respectively, of MIIF's 40.0% shareholding interest in SCDC. Post the Proposed Divestment, PUI will hold a 90.0% shareholding interest in SCDC and Petroships will hold the remaining 10.0%.



League Tables

InfraPPP accepts project & transaction submissions to ensure that the data we have in our databases is accurate.

Download Submission Form  Download Submission Form

Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter and get in your inbox jobs, news and business opportunities.


Requests for Expression of Interest in Ghana
Oman Power & Water Procurement Company

Follow us on Twitter