Peru qualifies three teams for Lima's metro line 2 concession
- ACS Group - Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructuras
- AnsaldoBreda - Ansaldo STS
- Construtora Andrade Gutierrez
- Empresas ICA
- Graña y Montero
- Salini - Impregilo
- Queiroz Galvão
On Tuesday February 4, 2014, Proinversión has announced that three teams have been prequalified to bid for the construction and operation of Lima's second metro line.
The consortium are the folow:
- Consorcio Nuevo Metro de Lima, made up of Cosapi, Impregilo, Iridium, GlobalVia and Ansaldo;
- Consorcio Metro Subterráneo de Lima, made up of Astaldi and Controladora de Operaciones de Infraestructura (ICA);
- Consorcio Metro de Lima Linea 2, made up of Odebrecht, Graña y Montero, Construtora Andrade Gutierrez and Construtora Queiroz Galvao.
The project has an estimated investment amount of around US$5.7 billion. Technical and financial bids are due in by 21 February and will be opened at the end of the month.
The concessionaire will be responsible for financing, design, construction, electromechanical equipment, provision of rolling stock, operation and maintenance of the project for a period of 35 years. The scheme involves a 27km east-west metro line with 27 stations and an 8km airport branch with a further eight stations.
The project will improve connection between the east and west parts of the city of Lima. It will connect the districts of Lima (Ate, Santa Anita) with the center of Lima and Callao and will join Metro Line 1 (Villa El Salvador - San Juan de Lurigancho) and Metropolitan Line 1 (Chorrillos - Independence) with north-south routes.
Metro Line 2 is part of a network that integrates five lines: Line 1, now operational and other three lines still in the process of being implemented.