Plenary Group reaches FC for Swift Current Care Centre
Plenary Group consortium has achieved financial and commercial closure of the new 225 bed long-term care facility in Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada.
The Province and its partners began construction on 18 September 2014. The new facility is expected to be operational by spring 2016.
The team is formed by Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd., PCL Construction Management Inc., Stantec Architecture Ltd., and Johnson Controls Canada Limited Partnership. The consortium was selected as the preferred bidder on 17 July this year after leading a two-staged transparent and competitive P3 selection process through SaskBuilds.
The 225-unit long-term care facility will be built on a parcel of land owned by the Cypress Regional Health Authority that is adjacent to the regional hospital. The new facility, which was a priority for the Region, will replace three aged facilities:
- Swift Current Care Centre,
- Prairie Pioneers Lodge, and
- Palliser Regional Care Centre.
The project is a design-build-finance-maintain public-private partnership (P3) over 30 years following construction.
The total project investment is estimated at CAD$108.5 million.
The Region will maintain full ownership of the facility and will operate all aspects of the direct care provided within the facility. Existing health region staff will provide services for residents and maintain the provincial standards and guidelines that have been set for long-term care programs and services within the province.As part of the due diligence process, these advisors helped the Government of Saskatchewan during the project:
- Facility Consultant Advisor - Group2 Architecture Interior Design Inc.
- Facility Maintenance Advisor - Pacific Meridian Consulting Inc.
- Fairness Advisor - McMillan LLP
- Insurance Advisor - Aon Reed Stenhouse Inc.
- P3 Financial Advisor - Deloitte LLP
- P3 Legal Advisor - Bull, Housser & Tupper LLP
- P3 Procurement Advisor - Partnerships BC, Government of British Columbia
- Quantity Surveyor / Cost Estimator - SSA Quantity Surveyors Ltd.