There are more live projects in the MENA region than anywhere else in the world. Power, utilities and infrastructure projects are at levels unmatched in over a decade in MENA:
- Qatar are planning projects worth $20 billion over 5 years- Saudi Arabia is planning to spend $400 billion in the same period- Oman is budgeting $2.43 billion for capital investments in 2010- Abu Dhabi is spending $68 billion in public transport schemes alone
That's the reason behind this conference I am bringing you today. Please, write down these dates in case you are interested: 2nd&3rd November 2010, Abu Dhabi.
You can register for the conference here
Who sould be interested in attending? We all know that financing projects in the Middle east is quite different for doing this anywhere else in the world. If you are involved somehow in this business, it would be great if you can assist because this business changes dramatically fast and knowing last news are fundamental for your success.If you are a:- Government ministers, advisors and policy makers- Project developers and equity sponsors- Private equity investors and sovereign wealth funds- Project and export finance bankers- Infrastructure and energy finance bankers- Islamic finance bankers- Lawyers, accountants and consultants- Rating agencies- Public agencies and ECAs- Debt capital markets and syndicated loans bankers- Fund and asset managersI consider interesting for all my readers to see all the speakers already announced to speak at the conference:Government and public sector officials:
- Rania Zayed, Head of PPP Unit and Advisor to Minister of Finance, Government of Egypt- Mithqal Sartawi, Managing Director, Kuwait Privatisation Project Holding Company- John Lee, Highway and Transport Planning Advisor, Abu Dhabi Department of TransportDevelopers and project sponsors:
- Jaafar Badwan, Deputy Director, Treasury, TDIC- Karel Breda, Head of Acquisitions, Investments and Financial Advisory, MENA, GDF Suez
- Francois Dao, Regional Director, Middle East, Acciona Water- Rajit Nanda, Chief Financial Officer, ACWA Power- Richard Palmer, Advisor, Project and Corporate Finance, Mubadala- Tushita Ranchan, Advisor, Project and Corporate Finance, Mubadala- Thierry Tardy, Director, Acquisitions and Project Finance, ACWA PowerFinancial service providers:
- Moriyuki Aida, Head of Dubai Representative Office, Japan Bank for International Cooperation- Dr. Mohamed Daud Bakar, Shari'ah scholar- Frank Beckers, Managing Director, Head of Project & Capital Adisory, MENA&Asia, Deutsche Bank- Jean-François Croft, Chief Representative, GCC and Yemen. Export Development Canada- Andrew Davison, Senior Vice President, EMEA Project Finance, Moody's Investors Service- Marianne Hawa, Analyst, Clean Tech Fund, Masdar Venture Capital- Ghazali Inam, Global Head of Corporate Finance, Arab Bank- Simon Jackson, Head of Syndications and Co-financing, African Development Bank- Jaap Kalkman, Director, Asset Based Investment, Arcapita- Mark Lemmon, Chief Executive Officer, MENA Infrastructure Fund- Adil Marghub, Manager, Infrastructure Cluster for MENA Region, IFC- Christophe Mariot, Head of Project and Export Finance, Middle East, BNP Paribas
- Simon Monk, Chief Executive Officer, Instrata Capital- Marc Murcia, Director, State Guarantees Department, Coface- Steve Perry, Head of Loan Syndications, MENA, Standard Chartered Bank- Jan Plantagie, Regional Head of Middle East, Standard & Poor's
- Michael Redican, Managing Director, Debt Capital Markets, Deutsche Bank- Jonathan Robinson, Head of Project Finance, MENA, HSBC- Walid Sarieddine, Head of Islamic Finance, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation- Markus Scheer, Member of Managing Board, Energy Finance, KFW IPEX- David Smith, Head of Project Finance and Syndication, Alinma Bank- Ravi Suri, Head of Project and Export Finance, Middle East and South Asia, Standard Chartered- Mark Waters, Head of Energy and Commodities, Asset and Project Finance, Loan Syndications, EMEA, BNP Paribas- Nathan Weatherstone, Head of Project Finance Advisory, National Bank of Abu Dhabi- Samer Zureikat, Managing Director, MENA CleantechIt would be great if those that plan to attend the conference could leave a comment and we can create a networking space here! Leave us a comment.