Preferred bidder selected for Peel Memorial Centre DBFM
- EllisDon Corporation - EllisDon Capital
- Fengate Capital
- PCL Constructors
- Plenary Group
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
Infrastructure Ontario and William Osler Health System have announced that the consortium Plenary Health has been selected as the preferred bidder to design, build, finance and maintain the new Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness.
The consortium Plenary Health is formed by:
- Developer: Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd.
- Constructor: PCL Constructors Canada, Inc.
- Architect: Diamond Schmitt Architects and RTKL, an Arcadis Company
- Financial Advisor: RBC Capital Markets
- Facility Manager: Honeywell Limited
The consortium beat out competition from two other consortia that were shortlisted on 27 June 2013. One of the consortia was led by EllisDon Capital Inc. & Fengate Capital Management Ltd., and the other consortium was led by Bilfinger Project Investment North America Inc.
Infrastructure Ontario and Osler will now work to finalize contract details with Plenary Health. The project is expected to reach commercial close and financial close this spring, which will mean that relevant contracts have been signed and a financing rate has been set. The contract cost will be announced publicly following financial close.
Peel Memorial will provide patients with specialized care in a modern facility. It will serve as a model for community partnerships, offering more choices for patients, increased access to high quality services and innovative models of care. Main areas of services will include:
- rehabilitation and senior's wellness
- mental health and addictions programs
- women's and children's wellness programs
- medical/surgical services focusing on chronic disease management and preventative care
- urgent care and day surgeries
- diagnostic services, including CT, x-ray and ultrasound, laboratory, pharmacy and neurology/cardiac diagnostics and family health
- preventative care for chronic conditions such as diabetes and asthma