PwC - Ingerop consortium wins cable car TA mandate in Peru
Proinversión, Peru's private investment promotion agency, yesterday announced it has awarded the consultancy tender for a Transaction Advisor to structure the Choquequirao cable car as a Public-private partnership (PPP) project to the consortium formed by PwC and Ingerop Conseil et Ingenierie.
This consortium beat out from competition, with a score of 100 in the technical assessment and 95.43 in the economic assessment.
Other five teams submitted proposals for the project:
- Advanced Logistic Group (ALG) (technical score of 93.8 and economic score of 100),
- Deloitte & Touche and Ardanuy (technical score of 94.4 and economic score of 94.97),
- Ernst & Young and Systra (technical score of 92.4 and economic score of 84.23),
- Universidad ESAN, Estructuras en Finanzas (disqualified),
- TRN Ingeniería y Planificación de infraestructuras, TP Invest, Integral Counsel, and Qursor (disqualified).
The prefered bidder will advise Proinversión in the following aspects:
- Assess the characteristics of the engineering design, operation, costs and socio environmental aspects of the feasibility study "Installation of cable car access services for the people and visitors to Choquequirao, town of Kiunalla, district of Huanipaca, province of Abancay, department of Apurimac and the town of Yanama, district of Santa Teresa, province of La Convencion, department of Cusco" and, if such is the case, propose required changes with due support.
- Analyze the competition and financial regulation conditions of the Public-Private Partnership (PPP).
- Determine tariffs for the services to be rendered.
- Determine safety and quality standards as well as service levels and the methodology for their verification.
- Determine the financial structure of the PPP that makes the project bankable and attractive to investors, with an adequate risk allocation.
- Determine the scheme and level of the subsidy required from the Government and payment mechanisms.
- Design and implement the Project's Marketing Plan and prepare the Project's promotional material as well.
- Advise PROINVERSION in a comprehensive manner during the execution of the PPP process (requirements to be asked for under the terms and conditions of the PPP process, preparation of the PPP contract, determination of the components of the technical proposal and competition factor, criteria for proposal evaluation, among others).
See tender results here (Spanish):