RFP released for St. Michael's Hospital redevelopment project in Ontario
- Bondfield Construction Company
- EllisDon Corporation - EllisDon Capital
- Fengate Capital
- PCL Constructors
Infrastructure Ontario and St. Michael's Hospital have released a request for proposals to the three teams shortlisted to design, build and finance the hospital's renewal project.
A request for qualifications issued in December 2012 shortlisted the top three companies with the development, design, construction and financial capacity to undertake a project of this size and complexity.
- St. Michael's Partnership
- Bondfield Construction Company Limited (construction)
- NORR Limited / Farrow Partnership (design)
- Rocklyn Capital Inc. (financial advisors)
- Integrated Team Solutions
- PCL Partnerships
- PCL Constructors Canada Inc
- B+H Architects / Silver Thomas Hanley
- TD Securities Inc.
Five new operating rooms will be added to the hospital, each large enough to include state-of-the-art medical imaging equipment.
Redevelopment work will also provide expanded, state-of-the-art inpatient facilities for orthopedic surgery, oncology and respirology - including the cystic fibrosis program - as well as critical care space for the coronary and medical-surgical units.
The current emergency department will also be expanded. It was originally designed to accommodate 45,000 patient visits a year, but now accommodates more than 70,000 a year - a number that continues to grow with the population.
Source: Infrastructure Ontario