Global PPP Report Q1 2015
- During Q1 2015, total estimated investment for the PPP projects that we track on our database reached USD 9,137 million when considering signed projects and USD 11,379 million for the projects that reached financial close (“FC”) during the quarter.
- Total volume of PPP projects signed in Q1 2015 was 37% lower than in Q1 2014. Similarly, total volume of projects reaching FC in Q1 2015 was 7% lower than in Q1 2014
- Asia Pacific presented the highest volume of PPP projects signed and EMEA the highest volume of PPP projects with financial close. Transport was the main sector, concentrating 76% of the investment volume for PPP projects signed and 65% for projects reaching financial close. However these weights decreased when compared to 2014.
- Top projects signed during Q1 2015 included: Beijing Subway Line 16 E&M and O&M concession in China and NorthConnex tunnel highway PPP project in Australia.
- Top projects that reached financial close in the period included NorthConnex tunnel highway PPP project in Australia and Bilkent Integrated Healthcare Campus PPP project in Turkey. •Sale of Amber Infrastructure and Equitix Holdings involves change of ownership of many PPP projects.
- A total of 12 infrastructure funds raised around US$12.3 billion during the first quarter of 2015