Bondfield signs Build-Finance contract for Cambridge Memorial Hospital's Project
Cambridge Memorial Hospital and Infrastructure Ontario, Canada, have announced that the hospital has signed a fixed-price contract with Bondfield Construction Company Limited to build and finance the hospital's expansion and redevelopment PPP project.
A request for qualifications (RFQ) issued in June 2013, prequalified 5 companies with the construction and financial capacity to undertake a project of this size and complexity. Bondfield Construction Company Limited beat out competition from the four other bidders:
- EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Graham Construction and Engineering LP & Harbridge + Cross Limited, JV
- PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- WCC Construction Canada ULC
Through a combination of renovations and new construction, the hospital will see an increase in up to 52 beds for a total of up to 197 beds. Once the project is finished, the hospital will have:
- Expanded clinical services, including the emergency department, surgery services, medicine, mental health, obstetrics and rehabilitation
- Expanded clinical support services, including its laboratory, diagnostic imaging and central supply services
- An inviting lobby and reception area, with intuitive way finding to make it easier to navigate the building and access to common clinical services and retail area
- A new medical education campus
The contract commits Bondfield Construction to build and finance the Cambridge Memorial Hospital expansion and redevelopment project for CAD$187 million (US$172 million), which will be paid using both an interim completion payment and substantial completion payment. The contract guarantees a fixed price and a fixed delivery date for the expansion and redevelopment of the hospital.