News / IL&FS Transportation signs Gujarat BOOT car park

IL&FS Transportation signs Gujarat BOOT car park

🕔 January 30, 2014
UK politicians urge reconsideration of PPP projects

IL&FS Transportation Networks will develop a multi-level car parking facility at Gandhinagar in Gujarat, India.

The concession agreement was signed on January 22, 2014 between Gujarat International Finance Tec-City Company and GIFT Parking Facilities, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company, for development of a multi-level car parking at GIFT City.

The project involves the design, development, finance, construction, operation and maintenance of the project for a period of 30 years. The total project cost is estimated at Rs3,500 million (US$56 million) and it will be developed on a BOOT basis.

The multi level car parking, with a capacity of approx. 5400 car parking spaces, will comprise of 16 floors including retail space at the ground floor.

The concession allows the right to allocate 80% of total parking spaces to the lessee/developers of various buildings in the GIFT City for parking use at a mutually agreed price and the remaining 20% of parking spaces shall be made available as a paid parking facility to the visitors to the GIFT City. Revenue will also be generated from leasing of retail space.

Gujarat International Finance Tec-City or GIFT is an under-construction central business district in the Indian state of Gujarat. Its main purpose is to provide high quality physical infrastructure , so that finance and tech firms can relocate their operations there. It will have a special economic zone (SEZ), international education zone, integrated townships, hotels, a convention center, an international techno park, Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) units, stock exchanges and service units.



League Tables

InfraPPP accepts project & transaction submissions to ensure that the data we have in our databases is accurate.

Download Submission Form  Download Submission Form

Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter and get in your inbox jobs, news and business opportunities.


PPP Africa Forum
Latin America & Caribbean Gas
Regional Energy
NTA Light Rail

Follow us on Twitter