MegaProject 104: Indiana releases RFP for the I-69 Section 5 P3 project
- Granite Construction Company
- Isolux Corsán
- Macquarie Capital - Macquarie Group
- Meridiam Infrastructure
- Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Plenary Group
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP Investments)
- Walsh Investors LLC - Walsh Group
This article is part of a daily series of MegaProjects articles. If you want to know more about PPP projects with a considerable size visit our MegaProjects section. You can receive them by email on a daily basis.
The Indiana Finance Authority (IFA) has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) to proposers shortlisted at the end of July for the Interstate 69, Section 5 project. Proposals are due to IFA on January 23, 2014, and IFA anticipates notifying the preferred proposer by mid-to-late February.
The Indiana Finance Authority and Indiana Department of Transportation announced inAugust that four consortia of private firms will compete to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the I-69 Section 5 project from Bloomington to Martinsville. Five private sector teams had responded to the Request for Qualifications and only one of them is out of the bidding process.
The four short-listed teams are:
Connect Indiana Development Partners
- Equity Members: Macquarie Capital Group Limited, Lane Infrastructure Inc., Lane Industries Incorporated
- Construction: Connect Indiana Constructors, a joint venture of Lane Construction Corporation and Ames Construction Inc.
- Design: Parsons Brinckerhoff Inc.
- O&M: Connect Indiana Operators, a joint venture of Macquarie Capital Group Limited and Lane Infrastructure Inc.
Isolux Infrastructure Netherlands B.V.
- Equity Members: Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP Investments - a Canadian Crown Corporation), Grupo Isolux Corsan S.A.
- Construction: Corsan-Corviam Construccion, S.A.
- Design: AZTEC Engineering Group Inc., TYPSA (Tecnica y Proyectos S.A.)
- O&M: Isolux Infrastructure Netherlands B.V.
Plenary Roads Indiana
- Equity Members: Plenary Group
- Construction: Granite-Weber, a joint venture of Granite Construction Company and Fred Weber Inc.
- Design: AECOM
- O&M: ICA
M I-69 Partners
- Equity Members: Walsh Investors L.L.C., Meridiam Infrastructure
- Construction: Walsh Construction Company II, LLC (part of The Walsh Group)
- Design: Parsons Transportation Group
- O&M: Transfield Services Infrastructure Inc.
The 142-mile I-69 corridor was divided into six independent sections with the Tier 1 Final Environmental Impact Study, which was approved by the Federal Highway Administration in March 2004.
The first 67 miles opened for business in November 2012. Construction is underway on all 27 miles of I-69 Section 4 between Crane and Bloomington, which is expected to open to traffic in phases during late 2014 and 2015.
I-69 Section 5 involves upgrading 21 miles of existing State Road 37 to Interstate standards, including new interchanges and overpasses.