MegaProject 155: Indiana receives six proposals for Illiana Corridor P3 project
- ACS Group - Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructuras
- Fengate Capital
- Cintra - Ferrovial
- Granite Construction Company
- Isolux Corsán
- Meridiam Infrastructure
- Plenary Group
- SNC-Lavalin Group
- Ullico Investment Advisors
- Walsh Investors LLC - Walsh Group
- Zachry Corporation
This article is part of a daily series of MegaProjects articles. If you want to know more about PPP projects with a considerable size visit our MegaProjects section. You can receive them by email on a daily basis.
The Indiana Finance Authority (IFA) and Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) announced yesterday the receipt of six responses to the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) to develop, design, build, finance, operate and maintain the Indiana portion of the Illiana Corridor and I-65 added capacity projects.
Six international and national consortia with extensive expertise in large public infrastructure projects submitted proposals. Five of them were the same teams bidding for the Illinois portion of the Illiana corridor. There is only an additional team led by Spanish infrastructure developer Isolux Infrastructure.
See below the full list of teams:• Illiana Open Road Innovators
- Equity Members: SNC-Lavalin Capital, Inc., UIF GP, LLC (dba "Ullico Infrastructure Funds") and Zachry Resources, Inc.
- Lead Contractor: Illiana Corridor Constructors-Illinois (comprised of Zachry Construction Corporation, SNC-Lavalin Constructors, Inc., and James McHugh Construction Co.)
- Equity Members: Cintra Infraestructuras, S.A.
- Lead Contractor: Ferrovial Agroman US Corp and White Construction, Inc.
- Equity Members: ACS Infrastructure Development, Inc., and Fengate Capital Management, Ltd.
- Lead Contractor: Dragados USA, Inc., F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielson & Associates, LLC, and William Charles Construction Company, LLC
- Equity Members: Fluor Enterprises, Inc., and Plenary Group USA Ltd.
- Lead Contractor: Illinois Mobility Constructors (Fluor Enterprises, Inc., Lane Construction Corporation, and Granite Construction Co.)
- Equity Members: Meridiam Infrastructure Illiana IL, LLC, and Walsh Investors, LLC
- Lead Contractor: Walsh Construction Company, IL, LLC
- Equity Members: Isolux Infrastructure Netherlands B.V.
- Lead Contractor: Corsan-Corviam Construction, S.A.
Indiana Public Finance Director Kendra York, said:
"The IFA and INDOT are honored to see interest from such qualified and experienced companies. We will thoroughly review the teams' qualifications and announce a short list of proposers that be invited to respond to a final Request for Proposals."
The Illiana Corridor is a proposed 47-mile access controlled highway facility that extends from I-55 in Illinois on the west to I-65 in Indiana on the east. The preferred corridor is located in Will County in Illinois and Lake County in Indiana. When built, the Illiana will reduce the strain of truck traffic on local roads, thereby improving safety, travel times, and accessibility to jobs.
Procurement of the Illinois portion is being handled separately by the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT). IDOT announced on Dec. 20 that five teams responded to its RFQ. IDOT and INDOT are working together to coordinate technical requirements, tolling policy, the federal environmental approval process, and construction schedules for the two-state project.