Request for Qualification launched for SH 288 toll road
The Texas Department of Transportation has requested the submittal of qualification statements from entities desiring to develop, design, construct, finance, operate and maintain tolled lanes, general purpose lanes and associated facilities along an approximately 10.3-mile segment of State Highway 288 from U.S. Route 59 to the Harris County line at Clear Creek in Harris County pursuant to a toll concession Public-Private Partnership Agreement.
The Texas Department of Transportation may add to the Project facilities to connect SH 288 to the Texas Medical Center in Houston. A number of alternatives for the Texas Medical Center in Houston are under consideration, including alignments up to approximately $50 million in total project costs as well as a no-build option.
An industry workshop will take place on May 21st for interested stakeholders. Potential candidates have until August 3rd to submit qualification documents for the project.The project:
The Texas Department of Transportation has developed a project that consists of a 10.3-mile section of SH 288 from US 59 to the Harris County line at Clear Creek in Harris County. The Project is expected to be completed in phases (Initial Phase and Ultimate Phase).
The Initial Phase of the Project includes the following:
- The design, construction, maintenance, and operation of four tolled lanes within the median of SH 288 from US 59 to the Harris County line at Clear Creek
- The design, construction, maintenance, and operation of up to eight direct connectors at Beltway 8
- The maintenance and operation of the general purpose lanes and associated facilities along the 10.3-mile section of SH 288.
TxDOT may include in the procurement the Texas Medical Center Connector. The TMC Connector includes the design, construction, maintenance, and operation of a two lane two-way connector up to 1.3 miles in length. The Ultimate Phase of the Project is the ultimate project configuration and includes the following:
- The addition of one general purpose lane each direction from Interstate Highway 610 to BW 8
- Improvements to the IH 610 interchange.