Global PPP Report Q2 2015
- During Q2 2015, total estimated investment for the PPP projects that we track on our database reached USD 5,856 million when considering signed projects and USD 15,586 million for the projects that reached financial close (“FC”) during the quarter.
- Total volume of PPP projects signed in Q2 2015 presented the lowest figure in the last year and a half. On the other hand, total volume of projects reaching FC in Q2 2015 was very high compared to previous quarters. This high number is explained by the great number of PPP projects signed in Q3 and Q4 2014.
- The Americas presented the highest volume of PPP projects signed and with financial close. Transport was the main sector, constituting 64% of the volume of PPP projects signed and 83% of projects reaching FC.
- Top projects signed during Q2 2015 include: New bridge over the St. Lawrence through P3 in Canada, Ankara Etlik Health Campus in Turkey and Kingston Container Terminal concession in Jamaica.
- Top projects which reached financial close in the period include Lima’s metro Line 2 concession in Peru, New bridge over the St. Lawrence through P3 in Canada and Ankara Etlik Health Campus in Turkey.
- The top 15 M&A transactions of Q2 2015 in the PPP industry added up to roughly $8.2 billion.
- A total of 10 infrastructure funds raised around US$10.0 billion during the second quarter of 2015