The Kenyatta National Hospital, in Nairobi (Kenya) has received 12 expressions of interest in the tender process to hire a transaction advisor to conduct a feasibility study and advice on the potential engagement of the private partner to develop a new hospital through a PPP project.
The 12 firms that are competing in the tender process are the following:
The Hospital identified the need for construction of a 300-bed Hospital on PPP to improve its physical facilities, enhance revenue generation and promote medical tourism in line with the Kenya Vision 2030.
Elements of the assignment include but are not limited to:
- Carry out pre-feasibility studies.
- Propose specific business plans including options for a PPP arrangement and risk sharing in the development and/or service provision.
- Carry out environmental and social assessments and develop specific environmental and social action plans.
- Follow up on approvals for the feasibility studies with relevant Government entities.
- Provide technical inputs in developing PPP arrangements including identification of potential private investors and development of a set of contractual schemes of PPP options in accordance with the existing applicable laws.
- Supervise implementation of the project development.
- Formulate and verify Project Management Plan prepare a PPP transaction document.
- Provide PPP advisory services to potential investors in the PPP.
The deadline for submission of expressions of interest was Wednesday, August 13th.