The goverment of Bangladesh has Tk30 billion (US$385.5 million) to finance PPP projects through the Bangladesh Infrastructure Financing Fund (BIFF). The PPP office has also Tk1 billion (US$12.8 million) for conducting technical surveys on projects. In addition a total of Tk4 billion (US$51.4 million) has been kept as a viability gap fund to inject money into those projects.
The nine projects are the following:
- Mongla Port PPP project. Mongla Port is located about 131 km inland from the Bay of Bengal on the Pussur river at its confluence with Mongla River. The port was designed to cater for 11 concrete jetties. Mongla Port Authority constructed five jetties (J5, J6, J7, J8 and J9) in the year 1976 to 1978. At the same time pile driving works for jetties J3 and J4 were completed and these jetties as well as Jetties J1, J2, J10 and J11 were earmarked for future expansion.
The total project investment is estimated at US$50 million.
- Cox's Bazaar tourism PPP project. The integrated development will comprise of a beach resort, entertainment village, golf course and venues for other tourism activities. The project will comprise: detailed design, financial closure, construction of the proposed 130-acre integrated tourism and entertainment village and operations & maintenance of the developed facilities for a specified period.
- Supply, Installation and Commissioning of a Multi Mode Surveillance System at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka. The project involves: supply, installation & commissioning of multi-mode surveillance system, develop and upgrade a communication system, and upgrade an ATC (Air Traffic Control) system including new ATC centres.
- Oboshor: Senior Citizen Health Care and Hospitality Complex. The project involves the design, construction, operation and maintenance of a long term health care complex for senior citizens on a PPP basis. The project will include a long term care facility, a secondary care facility dedicated to the general and geriatric care, ancillary services such as nursing at home, workshops and training for the elderly, Alzheimer's care, ambulance services and other services.
- Flyover from Shantinagar to Dhaka-Mawa Road (Jhilmil) on PPP basis. The project involves the design, construct, operate and maintain the Flyover incorporating Land acquisition, Utility Shifting, Construction of Roads and Construction of 4th Buriganga Bridge.
- Upgrade of Dhaka By-Pass road through PPP. The project invovles the upgrading of approximately 50Km long Joydevpur-Debogram-Bhulta-Madanpur (Dhaka By-Pass) Road under a PPP structure. The road connects with the Highway N4 in the north, which provides transport network to the industrial belt north of Dhaka and also to Bhutan and Nepal as part of the South Asian Sub-Regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) road connectivity program.
- Kamalapur Railway Hospital PPP project. The project involves the upgrade and modernize the existing hospital at Kamlapur to a 250 bed hospital and establish a 50 seat medical college and nursing institute in the unused land near the Kamlapur station within the existing hospital complex on a PPP model.
- Dhaka-Ashulia Elevated Expressway PPP Project. The project involves the design, finacong, construction, operation and maintenance of "Dhaka-Ashulia Elevated Expressway PPP Project" in Northern Part of Dhaka.
The total project investment is estimated at US$ 1.15 billion.
There are also plans to develop a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) multi-modal hub though a PPP project.