Honduras' public-private promotion agency, Coalianza, has shortlisted five companies for the "Centro Cívico Gubernamental de la República de Honduras", a government building, through a PPP project.
According to Coalianza, a total of 23 companies submitted their expression of interest (EOIs) for the project. Finally five firms from USA, Colombia, Korea, China and Mexico have been shortlisted.
The project will centralize Honduras government's offices. It involves the development of two spaces to achieve approximately 100,000 m² of offices. These two spaces are:
- Project A "Centro Cívico Gubernamental José Cecilio Valle". This project involves, among others, the development of three office towers with commercial spaces.
- Project B "Centro Cívico Gubernamental Francisco Morazán". This project involves the development of four other office towers.
The PPP building project will be developed on a design, build, finance, operation and transfer (DBFOT) basis.
The project aims to:
- Improve efficiency, through the provision of adequate infrastructure for proper office operations.
- Reduce and control public spending, specifically spending on rent, maintenance, renovations, parking, security and other services by centralizing office infrastructure services.
- Streamline and strengthen the housing market, generating areas of value.
- Improve operational efficiency by implementing mechanisms of efficiency and sustainability in public services, such as water supply and treatment of water, electricity, air conditioning, lighting and other services required.