The government of Egypt, through the Ministry of Supply and Internal Trade, has launched a tender process to develop commercial registry offices under a PPP model.
The project will include design, finance, automate, operation and maintenance of the commercial registry offices in all over Egypt.
The objective of the commercial registry offices is as follows:
- Establish commercial transactions on sound grounds of confidence and trust.
- Protect the rights and interests of the consumer.
- Regulate, codify and control all commercial transactions.
- An instrument for collecting data on commercial and industrial facilities and obtaining information on their legal and economic position.
- An instrument for publicizing the legal positions of all kinds of commercial and industrial facilities.
The deadline to submit pre-qualification application documents for the project is 26 October 2015.
See tender announcement: