The state of São Paulo, through the Secretaria de Saúde, has announced that four teams have submitted proposals for two PPP contracts involving hospital projects in Sao Paulo.
The projects are tendered in two packages:
The following companies have bid for the projects:
- Package 1: Hospital Estadual de Sorocaba, and
- Package 2: Hospital Estadual de São José dos Campos and Hospital Centro de Referência da Saúde da Mulher - HCRSM.
- Mendes Junior Trading and Engineering S. A., Planova Planning and Construction SA, Gocil Services Surveillance and Security Ltda.,
- Construcap CCPS Engenharia SA Trade,
- Consortium IBT / Carimex composed by International Business & Trade, LLC and Carimex, LLC.
With the exception of the consortium of Mendes Junior, which had just bid for Package 1, all other bidders submitted bids for both lots. After the qualification phase, price proposals will be opened.
The concession will be valid for 20 years. The estimated values (sum of annual revenues) of the packages are:
- Package 1, R$ 1.887.592.000 (US$867 million)
- Package 2: R$ 3.221.224.000 (US$1.48 billion).
The estimated investment for the projects are the following:
- Package 1: Hospital Estadual de Sorocaba - R$248.4 million (US$114 million)
- Package 2: Hospital Estadual de São José dos Campos - R$217.1 million (US$100 million)
- Package 2: Hospital Centro de Referência da Saúde da Mulher - HCRSM - R$306.7 million (US$141 million)
Construction is estimated to last for 30 months.