The consortium 'Gestora Peruana de Hospitales' has been selected as the preferred bidder for the management concession of health institute "Instituto Nacional de Salud del Niño (INSN)" in Peru.
Gestora Peruana de Hospitales consortium is formed by: Ibérica de Mantenimiento S.A., DOKESIM S.L., Mediterráneo de Catering S.L. and MedLab Cantella Colichón S.A.C.
The team beat out competition from two other consortia by offering an annual payment of S31.8 million (US$11.2 million). The two other consortia involved in the tender process were the following:
- Consortium ABC San Borja: Hospital Moncloa S.A., Clínica Vista Hermosa S.A., Sociedad Unipersonal, BTD Proyectos 12 S.A. and Comertel S.A.
- Consortium San Borja: Eulen del Perú de Servicios Complementarios S.A., Eulen S.A. and Catering Arcasa S.L.
Peru's private investment promotion agency ProInversion conducted the tender process.
The concession contract involves the management, operation and maintenance of the hospital for a period of 10 years. The selected bidder is responsible for:
- Maintenance of building, electromechanical equipment and associated infrastructure, landscaping and parking
- Maintenance of clinical and non-clinical equipment
- Operation and maintenance of general services (food, laundry, cleaning, security and waste management)
- Operation and maintenance of diagnostic support services (Clinical Pathology and CSSD)
The hospital is a reference health center for children in the country. It has:
- Built area: 32,563.17 m2, 8 floors and one heliport.
- Purchased equipment: About 15,000 medical, electromechanical and other equipment.
- Inpatient Beds: 253 beds.
- ICUBeds: 59 beds.
- Five Axes: Cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, complex neonatal surgery, integral treatment of the burn patient and bone marrow transplants.