Peru's private investment promotion agency ProInversión is advertising a tender process to hire a Transaction Advisor to structure the Choquequirao cable car as a Public-private partnership (PPP) project.
The objective of the bidding process is to select and hire the services of a consulting firm with international experience in structuring and promoting Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) in public infrastructure projects. The firm will advise Proinversión in the following aspects:
- Assess the characteristics of the engineering design, operation, costs and socio environmental aspects of the feasibility study "Installation of cable car access services for the people and visitors to Choquequirao, town of Kiunalla, district of Huanipaca, province of Abancay, department of Apurimac and the town of Yanama, district of Santa Teresa, province of La Convencion, department of Cusco" and, if such is the case, propose required changes with due support.
- Analyze the competition and financial regulation conditions of the Public-Private Partnership (PPP).
- Determine tariffs for the services to be rendered.
- Determine safety and quality standards as well as service levels and the methodology for their verification.
- Determine the financial structure of the PPP that makes the project bankable and attractive to investors, with an adequate risk allocation.
- Determine the scheme and level of the subsidy required from the Government and payment mechanisms.
- Design and implement the Project's Marketing Plan and prepare the Project's promotional material as well.
- Advise PROINVERSION in a comprehensive manner during the execution of the PPP process (requirements to be asked for under the terms and conditions of the PPP process, preparation of the PPP contract, determination of the components of the technical proposal and competition factor, criteria for proposal evaluation, among others).
Consulting firms interested may submit their inquiries to the following Email address: email@example.com
The deadline for submissions of bids is 6 March 2014.See tender notice here (Spanish): http://www.proinversion.gob.pe/Licitaciones/WebLicitaciones.aspx