The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), through the Office of Aeronautics (AERO), has published the request for Expressions of Interest (EOI) to develop, maintain and operate a state owned airport under a public-private partnership.
AERO is soliciting responses to determine whether of not there is any interest or opportunities for a public/private partnership at Canton-Plymouth Mettetal Airport. If there is sufficient interest it is the intention of AERO to use those responses to assist with the development of a request for proposal to be posted in the near future.
The Canton Plymouth Mettetal Airport is a state owned airport with a 2303 ft. by 75 ft. north-south runway. It is located in Canton Township, Michigan, United States.
The project may include any or all of the following components:
- Aircraft Storage and maintenance hangars,
- Aircraft Storage and maintenance hangars: Potential improvements including replace main community hangar, repair/update existing tee- hangars.
- Public/administrative (terminal) building: Upgrade/remodel or remove/replace existing terminal building or incorporate into new community hangar facility.
- Infrastructure: Runway approach protection, maintain/repair/upgrade runway and taxi street signage, lighting, paint markings for improved safety.
- Expand any or all commercial services offering aircraft maintenance, flight instruction, aircraft dealership or other aviation related services.
- Management of all administrative and operational duties for airport infrastructure maintenance, snow removal, grounds keeping. Provide personnel on site during office hours and weekends for services to airport tenants and itinerant traffic.
- Collection and management of hangar rent/leases for based aircraft
The following schedule
shows the Project's key milestones:
- Publish RFLOI: November 25, 2013
- Receive RFLOI Responses: December 16, 2013
- Evaluate RFLOI Responses: December 30, 2013
- Publish RFQ: January 13, 2014
- Publish RFP: January 27, 2014
See Request for Letter of Interest:http://www.michigan.gov/documents/aero/Request_for_Letters_of_Interest_Canton-Plymouth-Mettetal-Airport_440822_7.pdf