The Six-County Infrastructure Coalition (SCIC), comprising counties located in the eastern part of the State of Utah, have issued a request for proposal (RFP) from consultants for the Coalition Regional Infrastructure Survey and Plan.
SCIC is currently comprised of six-counties with one county (Grand) pending confirmation from its commission to join. San Juan, Carbon, Emery, Uintah, Duchesne, and Daggett Counties are the current six members.
By this RFP the SCIC is seeking an engineering firm or team of engineers and economists to assist it with the regional survey of existing infrastructure elements, which elements connect the municipalities and population centers in the member counties to the other centers in the SCIC region, to other parts of the state and to other parts of the country and continent.
The Coalition Regional Infrastructure Survey and Plan elements should include:
- Cataloguing existing infrastructure elements - with descriptions and mapping;
- Cataloguing the elements that have been planned and announced by public and private sector entities - with descriptions, mapping and sizing characteristics;
- Studying and cataloguing the potential and key corridors, including transportation and utility corridors;
- Making some determinations with respect to the key existing and potential connecting corridors;
- Identifying current capacity constraints on regional infrastructure and, given future growth in the region, helping SCIC prioritize funding to alleviate such capacity constraints and provide for additional future capacity;
- Recommending critical corridors for careful protection and management and suggesting management elements that could be adopted by the region and the individual counties to protect/set aside key corridors;
- Projecting levels of cost for adding capacity in key segments or between key sub-regions;
- Identifying potential future costs (rough) for key infrastructural elements that will be needed;
- Continuing to assist SCIC in various elements of its mission for a period of up to five years from the date of selection.
Interested parties must submit their proposals on or before 24 October 2014.
See RFP: http://www.co.uintah.ut.us/comm/SCIC_RFQ-4.pdf