Sao Paulo municipality has conducted a public hearing for the Sao Paulo Street lighting public private partnership (PPP) project.
The public hearing was held on 11 November 2014. A public consultation has already begun, it ends on November 24th.
The preferred bidder will have to modernize, streamline, expand and maintain the street lighting infrastructure of the city.
In late May we reported that 11 teams submitted proposals to develop feasibility studies for the project. The tender process was issued in October 2013.
The teams that submitted proposals were the following:
- Consortium RENOVA SP, formed by: BM6 Empreendimentos e Participação Ltda., LCF Participação S.A., Trail Infraestrutura Ltda., Celena Participações e Serviços de Marketing Ltda., Spread Tecnologia em Sistemas de Informação Ltda., Engelogos Engenharia e Logística Ltda., Medral Geotecnologias and Ambiental Ltda.;
- GE Iluminação do Brasil Comércio de Lâmpadas Ltda., Citéluz Serviços de Iluminação Urbana S.A.,Construtora Andrade Gutierrez S.A. and Engeform Construções e Comércio Ltda.;
- Sistema PRI Engenharia Ltda. and Brookfield Serviços Financeiros Ltda.;
- Consortium Luzes Paulistanas, formed by: Alusa Engenharia S.A., FM Rodrigues & Cia and Ampla Infraestrutura e Construções S.A.;
- Philips and AES Serviços TC;
- Unicoba Indústria de Componentes Eletrônicos and Informática Ltda.;
- Eletro Fase Construções and Engenharia Ltda.;
- PEDACE - Engenharia e Consultoria Ltda.;
- KIRCHNER Consultoria em Energia Ltda.;
- CPFL Serviços, Equipamentos, Indústria e Comércio S.A.; e
- KPMG Structured Finance S.A..
Sao Paulo is the largest city in Brazil, the largest city in the Americas and the world's twelfth largest city by population. The city has a total area of 7,944 km². The metropolis has the largest economy by GDP in Latin America and southern hemisphere.
This year we have reported about other 8 PPP projects in the Sao Paulo region: