State-owned firms to acquire three halted toll roads in Indonesia

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and business opportunities in your inbox
State-owned firms to acquire three halted toll roads in Indonesia

State-owned firms PT Waskita Karya and PT Jasa Marga have announced plans to acquire three toll road concessions from PT Thiess Contractors Indonesia.

The state-owned firms have participated in the tender process to acquire the concessions organized by the Housing and Public Works Ministry's Toll Road Regulatory Agency (BPJT).

The three toll roads are the following:

  • Solo-Ngawi (91.9km) in Central Java
  • Ngawi - Kertosono (87.2km) in Central Java and
  • Cinere - Serpong (10.1km) in Banten.

The two firms has recently established a joint venture (JV) to take over the concessions. PT Waskita Karya holds 40% of the JV and PT Jasa Marga holds the remaining 60%

According to sources, the deal could be worth Rp11 trillion (US$864.6 million).

Last mont the government of Indonesia has announced plans to tender four public private partnership (PPP) projects: Soekarno-Hatta International Airport RailwayBalikpapan-Samarinda Toll RoadManado-Bitung Toll Road and West Semarang water supply PPP

Share this news

Join us

In order to get full access to News section, you must have a full subscription. You can check all the benefits of becoming a member and purchase a subscription on our membership page.