Keyano College in Alberta, Canada, has launched a request for proposals (RfP) to develop a student residence through a public private partnership (PPP) project.
The project will be developed on a design, build, finance and operation (DBFO) basis. Specifically the preferred bidder will have to:
- design a new circa 400 bed student accommodation similar in configuration to the schematic design provided by the College;
- construct the new student accommodation on land leased from the College for the duration of the agreement;
- maintain the student accommodation at a level that provides comfortable living conditions for students, maximises occupancy and presents an external appearance of a well maintained building on Fort McMurray's main thoroughfare throughout the term of the agreement;
- carry out the day to day operations of the facility while providing student life programing that is representative of best practices in Canadian post-secondary institutions throughout each year of the agreement; and
- finance the design, build and operation of the student accommodation from revenue generated from the facility.
Interested parties must submit their proposals on or before 2 July 2015.
Keyano College is located in the heart of the oil sands in Fort McMurray and offers specialized training to more than 2800 full-time students and over 13,000 part-time students. The main Clearwater Campus is located in downtown Fort McMurray with the Suncor Energy Industrial Campus located in the Gregoire Industrial Park and a new campus in Fort Chipewyan.
See tender announcement: