Three teams have been shortlisted to design, build and finance the Davenport Diamond project. The Davenport Diamond is one of the last high-traffic rail crossings in Toronto. Infrastructure Ontario is seeking a private partner to replace the Davenport Diamond level crossing with an overpass. The overpass will be specially designed to minimize the bridge length and reduce visual impact of the structure, while creating new and attractive public spaces beneath.
The overpass will separate freight trains from GO Transit, a regional public transit system in Southern Ontario. This will enhance safety and reliability, and allow significant expansion and enhancement of rail service.
Infrastructure Ontario has emphasised that teams were shortlisted based on their construction capability, experience, qualified personnel and financial capacity to deliver a project of this size and scope. The teams are:
Davenport Construction Partners
- Applicant Lead: Dragados Canada, Inc., Bot Infrastructure Ltd.
- Construction Team: Dragados Canada, Inc., Bot Infrastructure Ltd., Black & McDonald
- Design Team: COWI North American Ltd. (Design Lead), IBI Group Professional Services (Canada) Inc., Dissing+Weitling, Peto MacCallum Ltd., SENER SES Canada Inc.
- Financial Advisor: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., National Bank Financial Inc.
Graham Commuter Rail Solution
- Applicant Lead: Graham Capital Partners LP, Graham Construction and Engineering LP
- Construction Team: Graham Construction and Engineering LP
- Design Team: LEA Consulting Ltd. (Design Lead), exp Services Inc., International Bridge Technologies, Brown & Storey Architects Inc.
- Financial Advisor: Graham Capital Partners LP
- Applicant Lead: Dufferin Construction Company (a division of CRH Canada Group Inc.), Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc. (a subsidiary of Aecon Group Inc.)
- Construction Team: Dufferin Construction Company, Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc.
- Design Team: Mott MacDonald Canada Limited (Design Lead), DTAH, Pedelta, Golder Associates Ltd., R.J. Burnside & Associates Limited
- Financial Advisor: Bank of Nova Scotia
Infrastructure Ontario will invite teams to respond to a request for proposals in early 2018.