BNDES signs agreement with Brazil for the sale of Companhia Energetica de Brasilia

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and business opportunities in your inbox

The Federal District Government (GDF) took the first step towards the privatization of Companhia Energética de Brasília (CEB) by signing today (13) the agreement to sell 51% of the shares of the electricity distributor. The remaining 49% of the shares remain with the GDF.

The structuring and coordination of the project that transfers the distributor's actions to the private sector will be the responsibility of the National Bank of Social Development (BNDES). CEB shall provide the bank with project-related materials, data, information, clarifications, access, and authorizations, and shall provide all conditions for the institution to comply with its obligations under the contract.

The company will also have the dialogue with public agencies and municipal, state, district and federal entities whose participation will be necessary for the activities signed in the contract.

Share this update