CapitaLand Investment to launch Chinese data centre fund

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and business opportunities in your inbox

CapitaLand Investment Limited (CLI) has launched a China data center development fund, CapitaLand China Data Centre Partners (CDCP). 

CapitaLand China Data Center Partners (CDCP) invests in two hyper-scale data center development projects in Greater Beijing, China. CapitaLand's portfolio consists of 26 data centers in Asia and Europe with total assets under management of SGD$6 billion (US$4.4 billion) after the completion of all projects. The total capital transferred to CDCP is SGD530 million (US$393 million), investor clients own 80% of the effective interest in CDCP and CLI owns the remaining 20%. Upon completion of the projects, CDCP will add approximately SGD$1 billion (US$742 million) to the funds administered by the CLI.

The two data center projects will be designed, built and certified to LEED Gold standards. The projects will include energy-saving solutions such as high-efficiency fan-assisted wall cooling systems, the introduction of advanced thermal management practices, and the recycling of waste heat from servers to heat offices. The projects are due to be completed in 2025 and will provide more than 100 MW of capacity to meet growing demand.


Share this update