CITIC Envirotech wins US$20 million PPP project in China

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and business opportunities in your inbox

CITIC Envirotech Ltd. has announced that it has secured a CNY134 million  (US$19.7 million) public-private partnership contract to design, construct and operate a 45,000 m3/day municipal wastewater treatment plant in Maoming City, Guangdong Province, China.

A project company, CITIC Envirotech Water Resource (Maoming) Co., Ltd, will be set up to undertake the project. CEL will own 70% of the project company, while the local government will own the remaining 30%.

Construction will commence immediately and is scheduled to be completed in one year. The project comes with a service concession of 30 years with guaranteed and fixed revenue as well as minimum offtake.

Share this update