Mitsui & co to acquire SuperVia concession

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and business opportunities in your inbox

Mitsui & co. ltd has completed the acquisition of SuperVia concession, which manages a service of urban trains in Rio de Janeiro and a further 11 municipalities in the state of Rio de Janeiro (Duque de Caxias, Nova Iguaçu, Nilópolis, Mesquita, Queimados, São João de Meriti, Belford Roxo, Japeri, Magé, Paracambi e Guapimirim). The 270-km railway network comprises eight branches and two stations.

The valuation of the infrastructure is about R$ 800 million (US$ 208.40 million). A subsidiary of Mitsui, GUMI - Guarana Urban Mobility Incorporated signed the agreement with Odebrecht Transport SA (OTP) to transfer SuperVia on February 28, 2019. According to the agreement, Odebrecht would decrease its participation from 72.8% to 11.33% in the railway concession and the subsidiary Gumi will have the remaining 88.67%. 

Share this update