Eight teams show interest for Ennore multi cargo terminal DBFOT
- Adani Ports and SEZ
- Bolloré Transport & Logistics
- HCC Infrastructure - HCC Concessions
- SEW Infrastructure
- Simplex Infrastructures
- SREI Infrastructure Finance
Eight firms submitted Request for Qualification (RfQ) proposals in early September for the development of a multi-cargo terminal at Ennore Port (EPL) at a cost of Rs.150 crore (US$24.5 million).
As per the proposal, the selected bidder has to design, build, finance, operate and transfer the multi-cargo terminal for a concession period of thirty years. The terminal will have a quay length of 270 metres to handle two million tonnes of bulk and project cargoes such as turbine and generators, windmills, fertilisers and wooden logs.
The list of companies that submitted RFQ proposals is the following:
- Consortium of PNC Infratech Limited and DBM Geotechnics & Constructions Pvt. Ltd
- SEW Infrastructure Limited,
- Consortium of Simplex Infrastructures Limited and SREI Infrastructure Finance Limited
- Adani Port and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ),
- Consortium of Chettinad Builders Private Limited and South India Corporation Pvt. Ltd,
- TM International Logistics Ltd,
- ALBA Ennore Pvt. Ltd,
- United Liner Agencies of India (Private) Ltd,
In the first round, six parties attended the pre-bid meeting and sought clarifications. September 4th was the last day for submitting the proposals.
Out of the eight firms, Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) and SEW Infrastructure are also bidding for the Rs.1,270-crore (US$206 million) container terminal, which is also being simultaneously tendered by EPL.
In the case of the container terminal, 11 firms submitted their RFQ proposals during the last week of July. Bigger infrastructure players such as Hindustan Ports, Gammon Infrastructure Projects, Essar Ports, Bollore Africa Logistics, L&T IDPL and APM Terminals B.V. are bidding for the container terminal.
Proposals are being evaluated by the technical team and the names of the qualified bidders will be announced soon. EPL officials said they are hopeful of selecting and awarding the contract for both these projects by the year-end.