Four teams bid for Cavite-Laguna expressway PPP project in the Philippines
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures
- Ayala Group
- Leighton - CIMIC
- Macquarie Capital - Macquarie Group
- Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC)
- San Miguel Corporation
Four groups submitted yesterday their pre-qualification documents to the Philippine Department of Public Works and Highways' Special Bids and Awards Committee (DPWH-SBAC) formalizing their interest to bid for the P35.42-Billion (US$820 million) expressway project that will connect the provinces of Cavite and Laguna.
The four groups that submitted their pre-qualification documents for the Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX) Project are:
- Alloy MTD Philippines Inc.;
- Team Orion, the consortium AC Infrastructure Holdings Inc., Aboitiz Land Inc., Macquarie Infrastructure Holdings Philippines, Bouygues Travaux, Egis Road Operations and Korea Expressway Corp.;
- Consortium of Metro Pacific Tollways Development Corporation (MPTDC) and Leighton Contractors (Philippines) Inc.; and
- Optimal Infrastructure Development Inc. (San Miguel Corp.)
DPWH is set to announce the list of prequalified bidders for the project on November 4, 2013, while a Pre-Bid Conference will be held on November 19, 2013. The submission of bids is tentatively set for January 2014.
CALAX is one of the DPWH pipelined projects earmarked for development under this administration, together with other highly important PPP projects.