MegaProjects 563: Financial close agreed for three road concessions in Colombia
- ACS Group - Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructuras
- Banco de Bogotá
- Itaú Unibanco
- CI Grodco
- Construcciones El Cóndor
- Episol SAS (Corficolombiana)
- Mota - Engil Group
- Shikun & Binui Holdings
- Pacific Connection highway concession 2 (Autopistas de la Prosperidad)
- Pacific Connection highway concession 1 (Autopistas de la Prosperidad)
- East Cundinamarca bypass concession
This article is part of a daily series of MegaProjects articles. If you want to know more about PPP projects with a considerable size visit our MegaProjects section. You can receive them by email on a daily basis.
Colombia's National Infrastructure Agency (ANI) has announced that three road concessions have achieved agreements to obtain project financing.
The three road pubic private partnership (PPP) projects are the following:
- Pacific Connection highway concession 1. Project financing has been provided by Davivienda and Banco de Bogotá
- Pacific Connection highway concession 2. Project financing has been provided by Itaú
- East Cundinamarca bypass concession. Project financing has been provided by Bancolombia, Corpbanca, FDN and BID
Pacific Connection highway concession 1 was awarded on 4 June 2014 to a consortium composed of Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructuras (40%) and Episol SAS (60 %), which are the infrastructure development arms of ACS Group (Spain) and Corficolombiana (Colombia) respectively. The project was signed on 12 September 2014.
The project includes the stretch Ancón Sur - Camilo Cé - Bolombolo in the region of Antioquia. It comprises the construction of a dual carriageway with a length of 31 Km and the upgrade and maintenance of the current road. The project also includes construction of 42 bridges and two tunnels. The total project investment is estimated at P1,790 billion (US$601 million).
Pacific Connection highway concession 2 was awarded on 22 May 2014 to a consortium composed of Grupo Odinsa S.A. (25%), Mincivil S.A (21.15%), Construcciones el Condor (21.15%), Termotécnica Coindustrial S.A (13.50%,) Icein S.A.S (9.20%) and Mota Engil Engenharia e Construcao S.A (10%). The project was signed on 12 September 2014.
The project includes the stretches of Bolombolo-La Pintada (44km) and La Pintada-Primavera (54km). It comprises the construction of 69 bridges and a 2.5km tunnel in Mulatos. The total project investment is estimated at P912,640 million (US$306.4 million).
East Cundinamarca bypass concession was awarded on 24 July 2015 to a consortium composed of Shikun & Binui Concesiones AG (37.5%), Colombiana de inversiones (37.5%) and CI Grodco S en CA Ingenieros Civiles (25 %). The project was signed on 17 September 2014.
The project includes a 153 km north-south arterial road in the eastern sector of Bogotá. The PPP contract involves the design, construction, financing, operation, and maintenance of the proposed bypass during a 22-year period. The total investment for the project will be P1,100 billion (US$369.3 million).
We have recently reported on several road PPP projects globally:
- A-355 western Strasbourg bypass concession - France
- Vias del Nus // Magdalena River highway 1 ('Autopistas de la Prosperidad' package) - Colombia
- Chengapalli - Coimbatore - Walayar toll road PPP project - India
- Plaridel Bypass Toll Road PPP project - Philippines
- Six laning of Kishangarh - Udaipur - Ahmedabad Section of NH 76, 79, 79A and 8 BOT (Toll) - India