Colombia's National Infrastructure Agency (ANI) has awarded the Cambao - Manizales road PPP project to Consorcio Alternativas Viales
.The winning team had submitted an unsolicited proposals for the road project. It is composed by: ICEIN, Mota Engil Engenharia e Construcao SA Sucursal Colombia
, GAICO, FORTRESS, and ALCA.The project involves the upgrade, finance, operation and maintenance of a 256 km road
. The project is divided into five stretches:
- Ibagué - Armero with 76, 1 km,
- Cambao - Armero - Mariquita - Honda with 70,6 km,
- Armero - Líbano / Líbano bypass / Líbano - Murillo with 55,1 Km,
- Murillo bypass / Murillo - Alto de Ventanas with 24, 7 km, and
- Alto de Ventanas - Termales del Ruiz - La Esperanza with 29,9 km.
The total project investment is estimated at P527 billion (US$210.6 million).
The project is expected to be operational by 2019. When the new road is operational, the travel time will be reduced about a 50%.
We recently reported that ANI awarded the Puerta de Hierro - Carreto - Palmar de Varela & Carreto - Cruz del Viso Highway PPP project to a Sacyr Concesiones-led team. The project involves the upgrade of a 202 km road with construction estimated to take three years. The total project investment is estimated at P450 billion pesos (US$182 million).