Colombia awards road project to unsolicited bidder

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and business opportunities in your inbox
Colombia awards road project to unsolicited bidder

This article is part of a daily series of MegaProjects articles. If you want to know more about PPP projects with a considerable size visit our MegaProjects section. You can receive them by email on a daily basis.

Colombia's National Infrastructure Agency (ANI) has awarded the Chirajara - Villavicencio road PPP project to Estructura Plural Villavicencio 3, the unsolicited bidder.

According to Germán Vargas Lleras, the Vice President of Colombia, ANI did not received any other proposal, therefor the project has been awarded to the team that submitted the unsolicited proposal.

Estructura Plural Villavicencio 3 is composed by Episol, which holds an 80% interest in the consortium and Concecol which holds the remaining 20%.

The project includes the construction, operation and maintenance of a 24.6 kilometers dual carriageway road between Chirajara and Villavencio and the operation and maintenance of the route between Bogota and Villavicencio with a total length of 85.6 km.

The total project investment is estimated at P$1,9 billion (US$755 million).

We have recently reported about a similar process in the region to award the Malla Vial del Meta PPP project. ANI awarded Grupo Odinsa S.A., the unsolicited bidder, the project after no bids were received. The project involves the maintenance of 354 km of roads, the development of a ring road around Villavicencio and the construction of a two-lane road between Ciudad Porfía and Acacias and between Río Ocoa and Apiay.

Last week ANI received bids from four consortia to develop the Puerta de Hierro - Carreto - Palmar de Varela & Carreto - Cruz del Viso Highway PPP project and last month ANI launched a tender process to hire consultants to structure the Charala - Duitama road PPP project. The road project involves the upgrade of a 20 km stretch and the operation and maintenance of the 30 km road between Charala and Duitama.

Share this news

Join us

In order to get full access to News section, you must have a full subscription. You can check all the benefits of becoming a member and purchase a subscription on our membership page.