Infrastructure Ontario and Hawkesbury and District General Hospital have launched a request for proposals for the hospital's expansion and redevelopment project
.Six companies were prequalified
Once submissions to the request for proposals are received and evaluated, the successful project team is expected to be selected and announced in summer 2014. Construction is expected to begin shortly thereafter.This project includes:
- a consolidated ambulatory care centre ,
- an expanded complex continuing care unit,
- a new perioperative department,
- expansion of emergency services,
- additional acute care inpatient beds.
Major renovations to the existing hospital will accommodate;
- a new mental health in-patient unit,
- an expanded medical-surgical unit,
- expanded diagnostic services,
- a new operating room.
Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are working with Hawkesbury & District General Hospital to expand and renovate the facility.