The Goverment of Sri Lanka has launched a Request for submission of Expressions of Interest to engage a consulting firm to assist the Road Development Authority as a Public-Private Partnership Transaction Advisor for the Southern Highway Investment Program.
The assignment includes advising the Road Development Authority to:
- Reviewing the feasibility study and preliminary engineering, including the proposed technical specification for the project.
- Conducting technical review the preliminary designs, construction program, and assess the reasonableness of the cost estimates in the feasibility study.
- Assess available PPP options, and analyze/highlight potential strength and weakness.
- Recommending a viable and realistic PPP option.
- Recommending key institutional arrangements needed to support the proposed PPP project.
- Commercial, financial, and economic preparation for the selected PPP option; analyzing and identifying the structure of payments to and revenues for the potential private partner, including any subsidies that might be required.
- Assessing the government's perspective on including local private and public partners in the PPP process.
- Preparing bid package for the selected PPP option.
The Transaction Advisor will provide consulting services over a period of 6 months. Interested consultants must prepare and submit an Expression of Interest. EOI must be submitted online or received before 04.00pm, on 31st January 2014.
See invitation for submission of EOI: