Alantra, Enagás partner to launch an ecological transition fund

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and business opportunities in your inbox

Spanish firms Alantra and Enagás have agreed to launch a European-wide fund that will invest in innovative companies that operate in the field of ecological transition, decarbonization and renewable gases. 

The fund, which will be called Clima Energy Transition Fund and will have a target size of EUR150 million (US$170.11 million), will take minority stakes in companies with high growth potential in sectors such as green hydrogen, biogas, energy efficiency, decarbonization, sustainable mobility and digitalization for ecological transition.

Both companies will constitute a new management company in which Alantra will have 70% of the capital and Enagás the remaining 30% and which will be integrated into the alternative asset management division of the Alantra Group. The management team is made up of professionals with international capabilities that combine both technical and investment knowledge and asset management.

Alantra will contribute its extensive experience in asset management, where it currently offers its clients a wide range of investment strategies (direct investments, fund funds, co-investments and secondary) in six classes of alternative assets (private equity, active funds, debt private, infrastructure, real estate, and venture capital)

Enagás, in addition, will support the development of this project as a reference investor with a minimum investment commitment of EUR20 million (US$22.7 million) and will provide technical and sector knowledge. The group has extensive experience in the development of startups of the cleantech segment thanks to its Enagás Emprende program, with which it has already promoted 12 startups in the areas of sustainable mobility, biogas, hydrogen, industry 4.0 and energy efficiency.

Share this update